Pakistani Taliban Militants Killed in Karachi PS Attack

Guwahati: Armed members of Pakistan’s Tehreek-e-Taliban, an umbrella terrorist group, broke into the office of the Karachi Police Chief and started firing on Friday.

A shootout that occurred inside the police station resulted in the deaths of 9 people, 5 of whom were terrorists. Fortunately, the security forces were able to regain control of the Karachi Police Chief’s headquarters.

Four other persons, including two police officers, a member of the rangers, and a civilian, also died. Seventeen further people were critically injured in the firing at the same time.

At least eight armed militants reportedly broke into the police chief’s office on Sharea Faisal in Karachi, according to local media reports.

Five terrorists were reportedly killed during the raid, according to a senior official. He claimed that two people committed suicide while two were killed in the long gun battle, which also resulted in some structural damage to one floor.

When security personnel worked to clear the five-story structure, explosions were heard coming from inside the police station. The glass of surrounding buildings’ windows was shattered by the tremendous explosion.

After about four hours, the building was seized over. On the internet, videos of the explosion are becoming very popular.

Sindh government spokesperson Murtaza Wahab said on Twitter he could confirm that the Karachi Police Office (KPO) building has been cleared. “Three terrorists have been neutralised,” he said.

He stated that in addition to the two police officers, rangers, and civilian, four other persons had also died and 17 others had been injured and were being treated in hospitals.

At least eight militants’ utilised automatic weapons and hand grenades. The Karachi Police and Pakistan Rangers sealed off the area after the incident.

Moreover, the police discovered two cars, one at the front entry and the other at the back, both with their doors open. Irfan Baloch, a senior police official, stated that the terrorists arrived at 7.10 p.m. The bomb disposal team had searched both automobiles for explosives as well as the terrorists’ suicide vests.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.