Amid a sharp rise in COVID-19 cases, the Assam Government on Wednesday issued a new set of guidelines which will come into force from 5.00 AM of May 13, 2021 until further orders.
These restrictions will be applicable to the Urban areas and peri-urban areas within 5 km from the periphery of Municipal Corporations/Revenue towns.
The order states:
- All shops and commercial establishment shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
- Carfew shall be imposed from 2PM to 5AM except for exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA, dated 4th May, 2021.
- Weekly Haats/Bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
- All offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days.
- Only Government/semi Government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and Senior Executive in Non Government sector will be allowed to attend office upto 1 PM.
- Maximum of 10 persons shall be allowed to attend any Marriage and religious functions. No reception party to be allowed post or pre marriage.
- Not more than 10 person shall be allowed to gather at funerals/last rites.
- Public transport will be allowed to operate only upto 30% seat capacity.
- Pillion riding totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
- Auto rickshaws, taxis, cycle rickshaws shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
- No physical classes by all Educational institutions including School/College/ Universities shall be allowed for 15 days.
- In case of COVID-19 test positive in area reaches 5% or more in last week, the District Magistrate will notify such areas as Containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures.
- All vehicles other than the Government vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an ODD – EVEN formula between 5AM to 2PM. However, this restriction shall not apply to personal vehicles used for Medical Emergencies.